One of the greatest achievements we are so proud of and one that the students worked so hard for is the inter-school sports program. This year the college participated in a greater number of competitions including soccer, volleyball, AFL including the Bachar Houli Cup, basketball, cricket and table tennis.
Table tennis winners: Ahmed Hassan, Ammar Qidwai, Dib Hassan & Mohammad Hassan
Students from Islamic College of Melbourne came 2nd in the state in table tennis.
They worked hard, did well and are pictured here holding the badages and medals from the competition.
Students had the opportunity to participate in these activities that provided them with productive sessions of study as well as creating for them a sense of belonging and the opportunity to interact with their peers and educators outside the classroom setting.
Sports Achievements in 2018
Several mentionable achievements this year include;
- The girl’s futsal team and the girls’ basketball team winning the interschool sports Grand Finals in Term 1.
- In Term 2, the college’s volleyball team progressed to the next round but unfortunately did not win the entire competition.
- In Term 3, our Year 5 & 6 boys competed admirably and placed second in the Bachar Houli Cup.
- Lastly, our first table tennis team competed in the finals and placed second in the competition.
- They lost by only one point, beating schools that participated in table tennis competition for many years previously.
With such an increase in the number of initiatives and achievements the college has embarked on this year, you can see it has been a hectic yet progressive year for all.
I look forward to what 2019 brings, and with the support of the ICOM community, we are confident that 2019 will be just as exceptional and outstanding insha’Allah.